Intermediate Acting Workshop (Sunday)
Good listening is the key to good acting. Hence, this workshop focuses on turning eight (8) essential acting skills into powerful listening tools that will engage and entertain your audience. The final session will involve doing a general audition for a casting director.
Each class explores a specific element of acting process which you then practice on a scene. The scenes are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements. The workshop is appropriate for actors who have a basic understanding of Stanislavski techniques, or who have a working understanding of acting process.
- How to exercise good listening, which is the key to good acting
- How to excite your audience with your performance
- How to impress Casting Directors and Directors
- The scenes are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- Each class explores a specific element of acting process that you then practice on a scene
- This workshop will improve your listening skills and make you much better at auditions.
- Acquire great techniques for confidently placing yourself in a scene so that you play boldly
- A valuable, fun learning experience
- A totally professional approach to learning
- Bring your enthusiasm and your acting diary to make notes.
Appropriate for actors who have a basic understanding of Stanislavski techniques or who have a working understanding of acting process.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.