Gift this class
Easter Intensive (4 or 5-days)
Over 4 or 5 days experience the power of this remarkable approach to acting. At the same time you can explore key elements that enable an actor to play comedy. The Rehearsal Room's production of "The Memory of Water" (at Chapel Off Chapel in Nov 2107) had audiences laughing a lot.
Good acting process and good comedy are closely entwined. Understand the connection.
Good acting process enables the actor to create a character and effectively engage an audience. Richly complex characters should be easy to create. It is merely a question of understanding how acting and comedy work. You will find out the keys to both processes on this course.
LUNCH IS SUPPLIED.
- How to create a convincing and entertaining character
- How to engage your audience with the story and the drama
- Begin to acquire a skillset that is relevant to high drama as it is to high comedy
- The scenes are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- Specific element of acting process are dealt with and then you practice on a scene
- Acquire profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Your understanding will be empowered by commonsense techniques
- You will become proficient with skills that work as well for a TV/screen performance as they do on the stage.
- Understand what the director needs and be able to deliver it
- Bring a comedy scene you might like to work on. Also bring a USB stick or an SD Card to record your work. LUNCH IS SUPPLIED - SD Card details are here https://www.rehearsalroom.com/cd-cards-for-classes
You must be over 15years of age to acquire this new set of skills.