Comedy Boot Camp with Luke McGregor
Learn from one Australia's funnies story tellers
Explore the fundamentals of comedy with an expert. We will talk to Luke about what he thinks is funny and why his humour works. And actors will rehearse and perform scenes and get feedback from Luke and Richard. An afternoon playing with being funny.
Bring a scene from a comedy film or TV show that you would like to play. We will also see if Luke can provide some material from his own series 'Rosehaven' (TBC).
- A practical view of comedy
- Test out your theories and try some of ours
- Learn a professional approach to comedy
- Clear techniques and fresh understanding of how to create a comedic character
- Profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- A variety of exercises to explore
- Work in small groups with expert tuition
- Bring a comedy scene you would like to do
All actors will enjoy this workshop.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.