Building an Acting Career for Teen Actors
School Holiday Workshop - taking the first steps
An opportunity for teen actors (14 - 19) to learn the key ingredients of professional performance and the business side of how to start an acting career. How to create a character and how to change character in seconds.
Find out what makes a good audition.
- How to create a convincing and entertaining character
- How to engage your audience with the drama
- Understand the steps towards getting an actor's agent
- The classes explore specific elements of acting process that are the key to being professional
- Profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Skills will grow empowered by commonsense techniques
- The skills work as well for a TV/screen performance as they do on the stage.
- An understanding of what the director needs and how to deliver that
- Bring a notebook and pen or pencil.
Teenagers (14 - 19) who want discover their talent and understand their future as an actor
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.