Improvisation - Maker or Breaker
Improvisation!! How to use it in a scripted scene
Improvisation classes are everywhere. But how do you use it on a professional set for a scripted scene? Knowing when to improvise and when not to; knowing what its best uses really are and having the confidence to go for it are the keys to being wonderfully real and fabulously inventive.
Improvisation is a path to finding choices you never dreamt were possible.
- A professional approach to using improvisation in rehearsal and on the set
- Test out your theories and try some of ours
- Understand the key ingredients so you can free up your performances
- Clear theories that explain why these techniques work
- Great exercises to test out the concepts
- A supportive environment so that you feel free to take risks
- Work in small groups with expert tuition
- Bring a scene you would like to work on
All actors will enjoy this workshop.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.