Gift this class
This class takes the core foundations of this acting process to new levels. The aim is strongly build listening skills. The exercises and processes put actors in charge of their choices. You will acquire clear and practical techniques that you can manage effectively. The sessions start with improvisations that expose the reality of an actor's listening skills and provide the techniques to develop listening to a higly sophisticated level.
The techniques are great exercises but also great rehearsal tools and are equally valuable when managing a live performance. The improv exercises are then applied to working with a script and build skills that are wonderfullly spontaneous.
The final exercise is to do a general audition with a professional Casting Director (usually Nick Hamon from Nick Hamon Casting).
- To build real listening skills ... because listen is the key foundation to all acting
- Learn to trust your impulses and be believably real
- Be able to change character and story ingredients incredibly quickly
- Record your scenes to take home each night to measure your improvements
- Be assessed by a professional casting director at the end of the term
- Come to grips with an acting process that is totally logical and produces wonderfully creative performances
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Learn how to measure your performances so you can adjust them with ease
- Know what to do when you first read your scene
- The ability to work confidently because you are in charge of your process
Alternate entrance at 24 Tope Street, South Melbourne.
If you are coming by car Tope Street is the area you are more likely to find parking. Read the signs.
- Bring your acting diary so you can take notes.
- Bring a USB stick to record your work or an SD Card for the camera (ask for details of SD Card)
If you have done the Introductory Workshop this workshop is the next step. However if you are an experienced actor with basic knowledge of Stanislavski processes you might choose to start at this level.