Summer Acting Intensive (5-days)
Managing the Actor's MInd
Over 5 days experience the power of this remarkable approach to acting. At the same time you can explore key elements that enable an actor to make clear functional decisions. Prevent your fears and rampant imagination derailing your performance. Understand how the actor's mind works.
Good acting process enables the actor to create character and effectively engage an audience. Richly complex characters should be easy to create. It is merely a question of understanding how to manage effective and creative decisions. You will discover the keys to both these processes on this course. Unleash your creative powers.
LUNCH IS NOT SUPPLIED.
- How to create a convincing and entertaining character
- How to engage your audience with the story and the drama
- How to manage the creative mind to prevent creative chaos
- The scenes are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- Specific elements of acting process are dealt with and then you practice on a scene
- Acquire profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Your understanding of the creative process will expand exponentially
- You will become proficient with skills that work as well for a TV/screen performance as they do on the stage.
- Understand what the director needs and be able to deliver it
Parking restrictions apply until 6pm on weekdays. Read the signs carefully.
Trams are very close. The No 58 and No 1 are the best options.
- Bring an SD Card to record your scenes. Details are here http://www.rehearsalroom.com/cd-cards-for-classes/
You must be over 15years of age to acquire this new set of skills.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.