TV Presenting Workshop
A 6-week intensive course of professional skills
Anyone who wants to be build their presenting skill or just wants to build their self-confidence will benefit hugely from this very practical course. The classes are so practical that you will be able to measure your improvement from week to week. Although the main focus is on presenting to camera it also deals with the key elements of interviewing and voice over.
The final exercise is to make a programme in which each participant shoots a 4-minute story including two pieces to camera, one interview and one voice over.
- Gain the basic professional skills in presenting to camera, interviewing and voice over
- How to be relaxed and engaging in front of the camera
- Understanding your job will make your presenting and story engaging for the audience
- The exercises are recorded so you can take them home to assess your improvements
- Direct but supportive feedback that has you growing quickly
- Build profoundly simple skills that produce complex and powerful results
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Work on performing and functioning like a professional on set
- Understand how to contribute to the whole production
- And be in charge of your professional conversations
Parking restrictions apply until 6pm on weekdays. Read the signs carefully.
Trams are very close. The No 58 and No 1 are the best options.
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes on and write your exercises in
- Bring an SD Card for the camera (ask for details of SD Card)
Casual - although you can try out dress styles and colours that work best for you on camera
Anyone who wants to present publicly or simply needs to build self-confidence will benefit from this intensive workshop.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.