The NIGGLE Night
Resolve your performance fears or worries
A FREE EVENT for actors to share their performance NIGGLES. The aim is to work on those lingering fears that reside in the back of our minds and inhibit our performance outcomes. The things that are your NIGGLES are bound to be shared by many other actors. Share your hidden anxieties and set a course to turn then into powerful strengths. For example ...
Do you lack the confidence to really push your performance to the next level?
Do you fear the director wont like your choices?
Do you think the other actors are going to be better than you?
Do you doubt you can listen to relationship like Brie Larson (Captain Marvel)?
Do you worry that you wont remember the lines?
Do you feel shy when meeting a new group or cast?
Do you suspect that you wont be able to clearly explain your goals for a scene?
Take a step into your future and come to "The NIGGLE Night" - it is FREE.
- about the benefits of identifying and dealing with the small doubts
- how we pretend that the NIGGLES are so small that they don't really affect us - but they do
- learn how much progress you can make from identifying the small issues that NIGGLE at you
- An honest exploration of acting issues in a very supportive environment
- The opportunity to perform but if you don't want to perform but would rather audit the session and take notes that is fine
- The opportunity to put techniques into practice that neutralize your NIGGLES
- A forum to explore topics that we don't usually talk about
- A building of your confidence as a result of clearly identifying real issues
- Gain an understanding that NIGGLES often turn out to not actually be an issue at all
- Discover that we frequently are worrying about the wrong problem
- Participate in an immensely stimulating practical session
Parking restrictions apply until 6pm on weekdays. Read the signs carefully.
Trams are very close. The No 58 and No 1 are the best options.
- Bring a scene you would like to do - 2-handers are best
It doesn't matter whether you have been to The Rehearsal Room previously or not - this workshop is for anyone who wants to explore acting.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.