Take charge of your performance!
This is a workshop for experienced actors. It will add at least 15 specific techniques beyond the basic ones to an actor's toolbox. How to play three-hander scenes; how to manage fears; simple ways for finding complex scene-drivers; how to standout in the audition room; many clever techniques for finding your purpose in a scene plus lots more. All clear, logical and active techniques that put you in charge of your performance.
This workshop challenges actors to go to a high professional level.
The final exercise is to do a general audition with a professional Casting Director.
- Master a new acting vocabulary acquiring all the add-ons to the foundatioin elements
- Build powerful performances gaining professional skills
- Build on your strengths and challenge your weaknesses
- Record your scenes to take home each night to measure your improvements
- Be assessed by a professional casting director at the end of the term
- Come to grips with an acting process that has a wonderfully clear technique you can measure
- Learn to standout from the crowd
- Acquire skills in such areas as placing a complex character in a difficult situation
- Know that you can deliver even a difficult scene
- The ability to work confidently because you are in charge of your process
Parking restrictions apply until 6pm on weekdays. Read the signs carefully.
Trams are very close. The No 58 and No 1 are the best options.
- Bring your acting diary so you can take notes.
- Bring an SD Card for the camera (card details @ http://www.rehearsalroom.com/sd-cards-for-classes/)
This workshop is for experience actors. It deals with sophisticated techniques. If you haven't studied here before on enrolment you will receive an eBook that explains the core values.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.