Self Test Audition Workshop with Dave Newman
Audition Skills for Professional Actors
This is an Audition Workshop with a difference.
Your first step will be to submit a self test from a scene supplied by Dave Newman (McSweeney Newman Casting)
On Saturday 21 November at your allotted time you will view your self test with Dave and get his feedback on your audition and on your self test setup.
Dave will then direct you to a different performance outcome and you run the scene again, live in the online session and perhaps once more after that depending on the time.
When you sign up you can choose a specific time that suits you to review your scenes with Richard Sarell - so, you get two for the price of one. That session with Richard will be on either the afternoon of Saturday 21 or the morning of Sunday 22 November.
- Learn skills from a Casting Director that will improve your ability to audition
- Get feedback on your self test set up from a professional Casting Director
- Learn what makes you stand out from the vast majority of conventional choices
- You can record your own session to review it.
- Very clear and productive comments from Richard that could make a significant difference to your skill level
- A well structured session that has an organised schedule
- A reader will be supplied to work with you on your live online run of your audition scene. The rest happens at your place. Make sure you have a satisfactory internet connection.
Casual - or appropriate for your scene if you choose
For trained actors who wish to test their skill level with and learn from a professional casting director.
Once you have enrolled The Rehearsal Room will email you a link so that you can book a time for you review of your audition with Richard.
Once a payment has been made no refunds are available. However, your payment may be able to be transferred to another or future class if a suitable one is available.
The Rehearsal Room provides a supportive environment to enable you to learn quickly and make clear progress. If you have to miss a class it might be possible for you to come an hour earlier for the next week's session to catch you up on the theory that you have missed. Two free one hour catch up sessions are included in your term fee. After that you may have to pay for a private catch up lesson at $70 per hour. Early notification if you can't attend a class is always helpful. That way we can plan ahead.